May 11, 2011

Dim Sum @ Dung Sing Chin

No table, No problem! use a mah jong table
Dirty Dishes! The dishes, bowl, cups, teapot were all chipped, some stained, some with visible crumbs/debris...the table top cloth we had was the worst one of all--the threads we coming out. You take a look around (where I was sitting in the little corner room), there was so much dirt by the floor & window. I felt so uncomfortable after seeing this.

Food:

Shrimp & chives dumpling in soup: No good. The soup didn't look appetizing, it was cloudy with some stuff floating on top (chicken fat?). Yes, it didn't taste good/flavorful. The dumpling did not have a tail (as in most dumpling in soup) and the skin was too thick. Inside was mostly shrimp, not much chives.
Shrimp and Chives dumpling in soup






Green onion & dry scallop rice flour rolls














The green onion & dry scallop rice flour rolls : barely any dry scallop & barely any onions. So it was very plain. The rolls were very thick and each layer very thick, so not very smooth.

The beef tendon: was ok. I can't comment on the cow tripe 'cause I don't eat them. It has taro at the bottom, but it was very oily.

The other dishes: nothing special or super tasty.

The jasmine tea: taste like water (just the regular low grade). But they don't charge for tea here.

For me, dim sum is all about the tea, food, and ambiance. This place lack all these.


shanghai style juicy pork bun
deep fried tofu with salt & pepper
Baked tapioca pudding
Beef Tendon & tripe






.p

Dung Sing Chin on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! I was laughing so much when I was reading the posting, esp. the mah jung table part. I am sorry that you had a terrible dining experience, but I had so much fun reading your posting. Great job! I'll definately won't eat there :P

    ReplyDelete